The HEINRICH HARBISCH Schiffswerft GmbH, in short: HA-DU (HArbisch-DUisburg)
Thanks to its two docks, the company, which was founded as smithy for shipping in 1908, is renowned today for its fast propeller change and for ship repairs of all kinds. The company turning shop can repair, rework and produce shafts of up to 10 m length.
Own products such as
- the HA-DU HightechRuder
- the HA-DU Power and the SpezialAnker
- the HA-DU ship clutch
round off our offer.
Our official records stretch back as far as 1908: Hermann Harbisch – father of wharf name patron Heinrich Harbisch – operates a ship smithy. After moving from the inner harbour to the outer harbour, war years, first measures for erecting a ship repair wharf (embankment access stairs with moorings), the death of his father and the withdrawal and then death of his brothers, in 1968, Heinrich Harbisch is the sole proprietor. In the same year, the first stem dock is taken into operation, in 1973 the second.
In 1974, aged now 61, Heinrich Harbisch receives reinforcement in the company from his daughter Karin Wendt. With her at his side, the two move the company through the highs and lows of the shipping industry, until Heinrich Harbisch’s death in the year 2000, when the site manager Karl-Heinz Denecke comes in as a co-partner.
In the meantime, the family company had now existed for over 100 years and is in the 3rd generation: Karin Wendt stands firmly at the helm. Since 2011, her daughter has also joined and is looking forward to the challenge, knowing well that she has to fill someone’s very large shoes at some point! But she is also very proud to continue the company in the 4th generation.